Photo Editing Apps to Use When Traveling

Photo Editing Apps to Use When Traveling

We all want to capture absolutely amazing photos but sometimes we need a little help in making our photos stunning. With a few easy edits we can easily achieve this. What’s more we can do these on our phone with photo editing apps that are now readily available on most devices. Here are several FREE apps you can use on your next travel adventure.

Snapseed

Tools to Perfect Photos-  Basic edits, RAW Develop, Selective adjust, Healing and more

Filters to Add Style- such as Glamour Glow, HDR Scape, Noir and many more.

Stacks for Managing your Edits- re-edit any filter any time

Snapseed

Android

iPhone

VSCO

Superior mobile presets and advanced camera controls
Publish your own images or curate other photos to your personal VSCO profile.

Android

iPhone

Pixlr

Boasts of over 2 million combinations of free effects, overlays, and filters. Includes collages, layering of multiple photos, effect packs, and more.

Android

iPhone

Qwik

Basic edits and features Artwork, Typography & Effects to your photos.

41 Filters & Light Leaks

Android

iPhone

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for Mobile

Taken from Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom gives you the option of more than 40 presets.  You can play with color, adjust clarity and add vignettes.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Android

iPhone

Adobe Photoshop Express

Basic edits, Blemish removal, image rendering, RAW photo support (selected cameras) and one touch filters.

Android

iPhone

Photo Editor by Aviary

Gorgeous photo effects, filters and frames, One-tap auto enhance, Focus (Tilt Shift), Cosmetic tools and more.

Android

iPhone

PhotoDirector

Powerful & Easy Photo Editing Tools- Basic edits but also includes a feature to apply photo effects both globally or to specific regions of your pictures, HDR, photo effects & layer editing

Includes a collage maker and ability to remove unwanted objects or people

Android

iPhone

1. Very helpful, thank you. Though it’s important to always check the commercial licenses before you use any editor for a picture on your blog.

2. Personally I prefer Pixlr because I get it with my phone, and I ‘m used to it. I don’t say it is best, but for me it is,
    It is user friendly, intuitive and fast, all what I need. I tried others couple times but always returned to Pixlr because I was spending too much time finding options which I use regularly on Pixlr .

3. Thanks for this, going to Spain on Friday so this is pretty ideal for me! Will take note of them, I actually have adobe photoshop on my phone but never used it.

4. Great list! I haven’t ever used one of these apps. But in september I’ll be visiting Poland and I’ll definitely try some some out. Adobe photoshop lightroom sounds very nice!

5. Great list. VSCO and Afterlight are my staple photo editing apps. Some of the apps may “have it all” but others don’t. It’s still great to have choices or options. 😀

6. I use most of these but pixlr is much simpler to use. I love it. I haven’t heard of photo director. I am gonna give it a try !!!! Great list. These are all really handy !!!

7. I have heard good things about vsco, the app is meant to be brilliant. I use picmonkey its a great tool to edit pictures.

8. Wow great list! I personally use a lot of photo editing apps for instagram, but I’ve never heard of these. Thanks a lot

9. These apps sound cool but I have a Windows Phone so none of them are available. Do you use all of these depending on the type of photo you take?

1. Hi Kari, I believe the Photoshop Express app is available on a Windows phone. Yes, it depends on the kind of photo you want to take.

10. Oh great! I was actually looking for the photo editing apps and I am glad to have come across your post.

11. Great list! I think most use vsco because it is easy to work with and not that daunting as well. Snapseed haven’t heard of that much but sounds interesting too!

12. I haven’t use any of these apps. I usually edit my photos on computer that’s why when I am travelling I usually don’t update my accounts and usually a late post. I might try one of these. Thanks!

13. I’m a (smartphone) photo hobbyist, but I (still) use the Nokia manufactured Lumias (920/1520). Though I prefer SOOC, if ever I will edit a photo, I use Adobe Photo Express, Fhotoroom and Lumia Creative Studio

14. These are great apps! I mainly use Snapseed and VSCO cause both are so easy to use 😀 will definitely try the others!