What started as a touring music festival in 1991 has since become an annual and much awaited event held in Grant Park, Chicago. On August 3-6 the Lollapalooza festival will comprise of 8 stages and 170+ bands from all over the world.
This year’s line up features a long line of established and burgeoning talent. Expect to sing and dance to music from Blink 182, Lorde, Chance the Rapper, Whiz Kalifa, Liam Gallagher and many many more.
Tips when attending Lollapalooza
- Grant Park’s two main entrances are on Congress & Michigan and Columbus & Monroe. Public transportation is readily available in Chicago.
- August usually has mild summer weather but be prepared for a sunny or gusty experience. Bring sunscreen!
- Since events like these are jam packed make sure to have a meeting place and check in time if you should get separated from your companions.
- Bring bottled water and make sure to hydrate yourself. Though it’s not summer’s peak the packed crowd can equal to just the same amount of heat.
- Lastly, enjoy the experience and try not to enjoy it through your phone.
The strong support of the fans and sponsors has kept the festival strong and we can expect that this festival will continue to churn out more talent.