Visiting Australia: Sydney Start up

Visiting Australia: Sydney Start up

No visit in Australia is ever complete without a visit to New South Wales, Sydney.Β  The city is a mix of both culture and excitement as it offers various things that is sure to enchant and invite new tourists and adventure seekers alike. These are but a few of the sights and sounds that Sydney has to offer.

• The Sydney Opera House

What seems to be the world-known image for Australia, the Sydney Opera House is an iconic staple in the canvass that is the Sydney Harbour. Make sure to check the various tours that are offered to fully appreciate this architectural wonder.

Photo credit: Pixabay- skeeze
Photo credit: Pixabay- skeeze
  • Royal Botanic Gardens

Enjoy tranquility and serenity amidst the buzzing metropolis that is the Royal Botanic Gardens. The Gardens is a home to various collections of herbs, foliage, as well as flowers and succulents. After a long and relaxing walk, tourists can relax and unwind in the cafes or enjoy a lovely picnic with a wonderful view.

Photo credit: Flickr- David Berkowitz
Photo credit: Flickr- David Berkowitz
  • The Art Gallery of New South Wales

From contemporary and classical works by European artists as well as Asian creations to traditional Aboriginal works, the Art Gallery of New South Wales has a vast collection that caters to museum goers as well as tourists looking to see the culture that Sydney has to offer.

Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons
Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons
  • The Rocks

This suburban area has a historic feel that makes it popular among tourists. There are numerous offerings within this area such as weekend markets, pubs, museums, as well as art galleries that’s sure to pique the interests of new comers and tourists visiting Sydney for the first time.

Photo credit: Flickr- Mohd Hafiz Noor Shams
Photo credit: Flickr- Mohd Hafiz Noor Shams
  • Bondi Beach

To top off the list is Bondi Beach. No trip to Sydney is ever complete without going to its pristine beaches. Bondi Beach offers the essentials for a perfect surfing beach. Excellent waves, cafes, and a laid back vibe make Bondi Beach a must go for all you surfing junkies out there.

Bondi Beach karlnorling Flickr
Photo credit: Flickr- karlnorling

1. Oooh! My friends and I are planning to visit Australia next year. This is perfect. Thanks for sharing! Will save this.

2. Suddenly I miss Sydney!!!! This post reminds me of my memories of working in Aussie. Your blog is amazing totally added to my list of travel blogs to check out πŸ™‚

3. Cool! I have friends planning a trip there for New Years! I will pass this along, thanks!

4. I will definitely visit Australia someday, it is very close to my home country Indonesia. Nice sharing! xx

5. I have wanted to visit Sydney for the last 5 years but it never happens. It is on my travelling bucket list and I will get there one day soon. (fingers crossed that I manage to get there this year). Thankyou for your list of places to go, I honesty hadn’t heard of many of them so will add those to my list for when I visit there

6. Love this post! My aunt has just moved out to a place near new south wales so will hopefully jetting of to Oz in the near future πŸ˜€ x

7. Great post, amazing pictures. I haven’t had the chance to visit Sydney, only had a quick layover from a long trip, so had no time to see any of this. But I am sure it will happen one day.

8. I cannot wait to go there one day and this completely sealed the deal! Thank you for sharing such great info!

9. SO beautiful! Sydney is definitely a place I’d love to cross of my list, and the Opera House would be my first stop.

10. I would really love to plan a trip to Australia, but the flight there is insanely long 😒

11. Still one of my bucket list. Don’t know when I can see Sydney, but I know, I will. πŸ™‚ I love the Royal Botanic Gardens.

12. What a dream vacation. Bondi beach, I am so jealous ! All the pictures look stunning as well. Can’t wait to visit one day πŸ™‚

13. Australia is next on my list of places I must see! It looks like a magical place. I didn’t realize how much South Wales has to offer. This is fantastic!

14. sydney is cool and Australia generally is a good destination for fun and relaxation… great post and wonderful images to go..

15. Oh wow! These posts are making me want to visit Australia, ASAP! Taking note of all these places. I bet it looks so much more beautiful in real life! πŸ™‚

16. Sydney is such a wonderful city! I would love to go back! Loved The Rocks, Bondi, and the Opera House. Took the tour and saw a play. It was great!

17. Wow the first photo is stunning! Would love to go to Australia and Sydney. the Botanical garden and Bondi beach sounds great!

1. Great! Bookmark this so you can have a guide while you’re there!